ubuntu Live CD's and the Booting Process

Alan Bell alan.bell at theopenlearningcentre.com
Fri Apr 1 12:12:50 UTC 2011

On 01/04/11 12:33, Martin McCormick wrote:
> 	Would I be able to install from ubuntu8 and then upgrade
> on line?
yes, you would be able to install from that and upgrade, however that
would be quite a few upgrades from start to finish, starting from 8.10
you would upgrade to 9.04 then 9.10 then 10.04 then 10.10 and then in a
few weeks perhaps to 11.04 Each one of these upgrades is quite a
substantial download.
The audio installer on 11.04 is pretty terrible at the moment, and I am
unconvinced about the Unity interface and Orca at the moment. I found
the 10.04 audio installer basically works, and from there you can
upgrade to 10.10 if you want (the installer in 10.10 is almost
completely broken)

Hope that helps,

Alan.