Reassigning key codes

E.J. Zufelt everett at zufelt.ca
Sun Sep 26 12:39:20 BST 2010

Good morning,

This is somewhat related to accessibility, please let me know if there is a better list.

I need to find a way to reassign keys (key codes) in Ubuntu.  I use Ubuntu in a virtual machine, and some of the keys do not map over correctly from the host to the gust.  In Windows virtual machines I use an application called SharpKeys to reassign keys.

Can anyone please tell me if you have had success reassigning keys in Ubuntu and which application(s) or procedure(s) you used to so do?

Note: This is not the same as reassigning the keys used to perform a particular action, like opening the Application menu, but reassigning the key that is activated by a particular keypress.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide,
Everett Zufelt
http://zufelt.ca

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/ezufelt