Unity and Orca?

Luke Yelavich luke.yelavich at canonical.com
Mon Oct 11 00:29:21 BST 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 10:16:21AM EST, Guy Schlosser wrote:
>  I'm seeing the same problem with unity and orca.  Accessibility is
> great once you get into a program, but getting there is another
> thing.  Is there a way to remove unity and go back to a two-pannel
> configuration like on the desktop, or the netbook interface
> available in Lucid?  Any help with this would be greatly
> appreciated.

First, make sure you have the ubuntu-desktop package installed. Once installed, make sure you have an accessible gdm login, i.e you have speech available at login. Once you do, log out/restart, and get to the login screen. Select the user you want to log in as, then navigate to the bottom panel, where you will find an option to select the login session. There you want to choose GNOME.

Luke