Ubuntu-accessibility Digest, Vol 54, Issue 23

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Mon May 24 22:39:53 BST 2010

On 5/24/2010 6:46 AM, Kenny Hitt wrote:
> Hi.
> Just to clarify something: my attitude isn't directed at any of the people who have asked me
> questions about my Orca crash.  My attitude comes from the fact I can debug
> Linux kernel code but can't debug a fucking gnome screen reader.
> In my opinion, switching to Python from C was a mistake for a screen reader.

just a side note we may want to talk about a different thread. I really like
Python because, if I control how names are formatted, I can write Python code
with a small number of macros. Editing is a bit of a bitch because I don't have
the right feedback from Emacs (fookin OSS purists getting in the way).
Unfortunately, most Python code from tabs has pep-8 formatted names which
totally screws up speech recognition accessibility. Sometimes I take the code
and use a global search and replace to create accessible code. :-)