Ubuntu-accessibility Digest, Vol 54, Issue 23

Øyvind Lode oyvind.lode at lyse.net
Mon May 24 09:36:35 BST 2010

I'm a blind Linux user as well.
I don't use GNOME and probably never will.
It's to slow (Orca is very slow).
I use the console with ease.
The commands is not a problem for me at all using both speech and Braille.
I'm a reasonable fast Braille reader so reading commands etc is no problem
for me.
I'm a quite fast touch typist as well he he.
So the command line is very accessible for a blind person.
Especially if he or she use a Braille display.

But I can understand the frustration for a person using text recognition to
input commands.