VEDICS Speech Assistant

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Sun May 23 10:23:32 BST 2010

Hi.
On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 04:49:54PM +1000, Tim Cross wrote:
>  > do you have a URL to the archives or a rough of conversation time so I can take
>  > a look?
>  >
Try looking at:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-accessibility-list/2010-May/msg00099.html

That was the start of the thread.
Thanks for you post.  You did a much better job at expressing my views than
I would have done.  Also, you were much more polite than I will be in this situation.
I have no tolerance for disabled people wanting someone else to do it for them in open source.
The thing people don't seem to get is open source puts the power in the hands of the user instead
of some developer out to make money.
The high cost of access technology was the first reason I switched to Linux.  Once I started using
it and learning about what it offered, I realized Linux was the best thing to happen for
accessibility in a long time.
Linux is still the only operating system I can install without sighted help.  That was true even back
in 2000 when I did my first Linux install.
Access isn't perfect, but I have the power to fix any issues that really bother me enough.

          Kenny