Heads up, shortcut key to access messaging/sound indicator menus.

Luca Ferretti elle.uca at ubuntu.com
Wed May 12 17:00:26 BST 2010

See https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/577226

It seems there is a bug preventing you to use this shortcut if you are
using Compiz window manager.

Basically Win+M is used by "neg" and "mag" Compiz plugin too. See the
bug for details, but currently I can't suggest a workaround that work
for sure, maybe switch to Metacity window manager.

However, there is another useful shortcut: Win+S to open the session
indicator menu.

Cheers, Luca