Fix to ubiquity

Hammer Attila hammera at pickup.hu
Sun Mar 28 11:17:06 BST 2010

Sorry, my letter prewious sent private.
Ok Bill, I understand.
You do a bugreport with this problem? If yes, send me a link.
Your fix method working equals right my method? If I using my method,
Orca correct working entire installation, and correct spokening the
install finished message. And, when the installation is doing after the
7th step, possible switch another application, launch Firefox and
browsing webpages, etc.

But, your fix method is simplest, I think easy implementing a fix patch
with this two problem.
I maked a test patch with fix two problem with one patch, please test.
If the patch working right, fix your two problem.
Please download the ubiquity source code with apt-get source ubiquity
command, and apply the patch with following command:
patch -p0 <ubiquity-patch
After this done, install Ubiquity build dependencies with apt-get
build-dep ubiquity command.

After this task is done, need rebuilding Ubiquity source code with
debuild command.

I don't no if we applying your fix methods, need modify the
ubiquity-gtkui.desktop.in with the ubiquity source directory/desktop
directory, or your sudo fix method is enough with first problem fixing?

Note, I tested the patch and rebuild ubiquity package. The fixes is
correct happened, and the modifyed package is correct installed.

Attila