how does one enable XEvIE in 9.10?

Rick Berger rberger at rogers.com
Tue Jun 22 21:15:12 BST 2010

Hi,

I need some extra audio feedback on some of the keyboards I use. I want
to try something called "annoyme", just to see how it works and if I can
tweak it for my needs. The only problem is that it requires XEvIE (X
Event Interception Extension) to be enabled in your X configuration.
This was done by change the Extensions section in your xorg.conf, but
xorg.conf is no longer used in 9.10 and my attempts to create one have
failed. Can anyone tell me how to enable XEvIE in Ubunu 9.10?

Rick