VEDICS Speech Assistant

Phillip Whiteside phillw at phillw.net
Tue Jun 15 02:15:01 BST 2010

Hi Kenny,

Wounds licked, I've been as you will have read been some what disheartened
over things. But, on the new slimmed down version of ubuntu (lubuntu) we
have some one who is interested in seeing what it can do. The horrible news?
lubuntu is gtk(2) (uses lxde, but gtk compliant) based, so no it is not
going to have gnome unless and until they code to gtk.?

As a part of these discussions http://forum.phillw.net/viewforum.php?f=14 has
a new person. Heck, I may even get a tester for some things.

As that baby forum is in the midst of moving to a new host provider, new
members replies are moderated so as to keep out the spammers (there is a
discussion on capchta on it).

To every one, you are welcome to pop over. if you email back I will remove
any person from this mailing list to remove them from the moderation queue.

One of things I have reflected upon is that there are people who are
frustrated, I do not mind a good hearted discussion but can we try to have a
positive note to the end of the frustrations, even if it is just "I feel
better getting that out of my system"?

I'll see how the area progresses, if it does okay, I can split it into 'get
if your chest' and technical discussions for web stuff.

For the 'team' would it be okay to recommend to people that they join this
mailing list to see what is going on with life? Also, would it be okay to
tell them of http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=145 In my view, the
more that know the better, but I ask permission first.

With vinux etc., being about, there is a lot going on, but little reporting
of it. I do get the usual bots like google, bling etc, come wandering round
so it may help when people are looking for information.

Regards,

Phill.