does maverick contain a working at-spi2 infrastrcture?

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 10 23:21:45 BST 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 03:45:01PM EST, Halim Sahin wrote:
> Hi Luke,
>
> Just wondering about this decision:
> maverick will ship gnome 3.0 right?
> gnome 3 doesn't ship bonobo and other stuff so I am interested to know
> how you can reintegrate bonobo there.

Ubuntu Maverick will not be shipping everything from GNOME 3, we will still have pieces that require bonobo, particularly gnome panel. Since the GNOME/GTK/bonobo framework is used by several different Ubuntu variants, things have to be managed conservatively, so things don't break too badly for everyone at once. There is also code maturity from upstrea to consider.

As for at-spi2 packages, I should have them ready to go in a PPA later today for maverick and lucid.

Luke