Voice switched from Espeak to Flite

Jacob Schmude j.schmude at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 21:25:20 GMT 2010

Hi
Speech dispatcher will fall back on whatever module it can if the
current one crashes, so yes this is a failsafe. I'm not using the vinux
repositories at the moment, but they must have flite enabled. I don't
have it enabled, my modules are ibmtts then espeak then dummy. Flite
gives me a headache if I hear it for longer than about 5 seconds :). I'd
like to use espeak but the sd_espeak module has some stability issues,
especially though not exclusively on multi-core systems.