problems with lucid

Mike Coulombe kb8aey at verizon.net
Sat Feb 27 03:25:31 GMT 2010

Hi, I installed the latest lucid live cd and had the following problem. The first time I booted the system, Orca worked fine. The next time I booted the system, I got the login message, and the system logs in. But there is no speech, my cpu fan runs and the computer apears to be locked because no commands work to shut it down.
   Is this a known problem?
 I tried to reboot several times and had the same results. One time I did hear welcome to orca before the computer locked.
Mike.