Re complaints about inaccessible apps in Ubuntu.

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Sun Feb 21 22:12:45 GMT 2010

Hi all
If you have a problem with an app not being accessible in Ubuntu, *PLEASE* file a bug in launchpad against the package in question, or contact the package maintainer. You can find out the package information in a terminal with the following command, using software centre as an example.

apt-cache show software-center

When you post here, I feel that you are already preaching to the choir, and the people who need to hear such information are not on this list.

So please help me and yourselves by contacting the appropriate people about package behavior/inaccessibility, and use launchpad for filing bugs. I suggest you read the man page of apt-cache to be able to get the information you need to contact the appropriate developers.

Thank you

Luke