Fwd: [orca-list] Making Ubuntu Software Center accessible

Phill Whiteside phillw at phillw.net
Thu Feb 18 21:19:06 GMT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Phill Whiteside <phillw at phillw.net>
Date: Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 9:17 PM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Making Ubuntu Software Center accessible
To: Hugh Sasse <hgs at dmu.ac.uk>

The raft of sometimes contradictory standards proposals are a nightmare.
I've been recently looking into providing fuller support for web-site
readers - one set of standards for CSS has been demoted, a new set is
kicking around from Web Accessibility Initiative and yet more proposals for
the next CSS - I'm not sure what to code to, just for a web-site. Imagine
being the author of software, you could spend a lot of time meeting a set of
standards, to find they have been supplanted.

My views on the matter are over here -->
http://forum.phillw.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=32

But, heck, I am trying !!

Regards,

Phill.