Speech Dispatcher Woes

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 16 22:56:04 GMT 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 09:21:57AM EST, Thomas Lloyd wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Here is a quick question for the speechd/orca guys. I am using Ubuntu
> 9.10 with the latest git version of speechd built today. What I am
> experiencing at the moment is that about five seconds after running orca
> I get the message that something has hung and orca exits. This only
> seems an issue when orca is running in normal/GUI modes as I can use it
> in the text setup mode and it will work just fine with speechd. This
> seems to indicate an incomparability between the version of orca that I
> am using and the latest speechd release.

What git repo did you build from? There have been a lot of changes in my speech-dispatcher git repo recently, especially memory leak fixes. I'm building from my git repo now,a nd will test. I haven't tested the memory leak patches I am referring to, so if I get similar behavior, I'll start digging around.

Luke