Donations to Ubuntu accessibility

Thomas Lloyd thomaslloyd at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 11 23:27:09 GMT 2010

Well maybe there could be an open source accessibility charity started
that hold the funds. This could be used to help fund projects that are
seen to better accessibility in the open source community.

I use my project as an example if there was a strong opinion around the
community that a large drive to get the project functional in a system
was nessecary and that called for external people and their skills it
gives some flexibility for the community to drive what is deemed best.

Going onto the sandbox issue etc with Vinux and Ubuntu. A lot of the
issues with making the main distros more accessible is with security.
Some of these are show stoppers so a small analysis of what is deemed to
be a show stoppers or not and their implications on the distro would
help to determine if a sandbox is really the only solution.

Maybe an accessibility wiki list of features current and planned that
make distros more accessible and a feasibility study as to whether they
are possible on Ubuntu. Backing from Canonical would be essential but a
more organised movement towards better accessibility is needed.

Tom