retrieving synthesized auio data?

Bill Cox waywardgeek at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 22:40:34 GMT 2010

Hi, Luke.  Count me in for a supporting role on speech-dispatcher.  I
was also thinking of enhancing speech-dispatcher to create audio
files.  There's some discussion on the Vinux list about creating an
audio book creation app, and sometime over the next year, I'd like to
see it happen.

Personally, I'm not a fan of using dbus for inter-process
communication.  I prefer file sockets generally, but I'm old-school.
Actually, assuming we don't mind losing the TCP capability in
speech-dispatcher, I don't see why speech-dispatcher can't become a
shared library, with no daemon running.  Do you know a good reason?

Bill