Lucid and speech dispatcher

Halim Sahin halim.sahin at
Wed Feb 3 21:49:46 GMT 2010

Hi Bill,
On Mi, Feb 03, 2010 at 11:05:28 -0500, Bill Cox wrote:
> I guess first I need to understand why you want it in system-wide
> mode.  Having it ru as user has benefits.  In particular, you can bind
> a command like "sh -c 'killall speech-dispatcher; orca --replace'" to
> a key like Shift+Ctrl+O, to restart both speech-dispatcher and Orca

Sorry, I don't see any benefits there.
The need to restart orca and other apps coming from buggy subsystems.
Fixing these bugs should be the goal instead of adding more and more

I'd really want to know, what the user session integration guys) would
say if their monitor works only after login.

Like the monitor does a speech output system needs to run as a system

Just my two cents