Accessible login feature works right my Lucid system

Hammer Attila hammera at pickup.hu
Tue Feb 2 07:09:31 GMT 2010

Dear List,

Yesterday, I try playing with accessible login feature and
Speech-dispatcher support. I not would like change Ubuntu default method
with Pulseaudio and Speech-dispatcher startup.
I setted up following with accessible login feature and screen reader
support:
sudo -u gdm gconftool-2 -s -t bool
/desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility true
sudo -u gdm gconftool-2 -s -t bool
/desktop/gnome/applications/at/screen_reader_enabled true

Because Speech-dispatcher does'nt restart when I logging out some time,
I do following workaround:
I add all users home directory in .bash_logout file with killall
speech-dispatcher command, and add /etc/gdm/PostSession/Default file
with killall speech-dispatcher command.
This is absolute not an elegant method, but working my system and my
doed live cd, if I copyed .bash_logout file with /etc/skel directory.
When I do this steps, accessible login talking every present gdm screen
with every time, I tryed 10 login and logout.

Attila