any better thunderbird alternatives?

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sun Dec 12 07:54:30 GMT 2010

Thunderbird with version upgrades tends to have its share of problems and
needs more upgrading since it is apparently so popular that it has become
a target for the malware provider community.  At a certain point in such a
scenario, it might make sense to start looking at other replacement
applications for accessibility and features as well as frequency of
security updates and whether the application remains under active
development and support.  How does balsa come out along these lines?

Ultimately, it may be useful for those with blogging capabilities to try
different software alternatives and to write up their ratings with
accessibility being one of those ratings and describe what accessibility
components were used as applications were being tested.  I can do some of
this but won't be able to devote as much time as I'd like since time for
now is taken up by employment.