Persona Survey results

Maurice McCarthy manselton at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 11:59:48 BST 2010

Hi All,

I read the survey last night and it makes interesting reading.

A few people mentioned Dragonsoft programs such as Naturally Speaking
and Dictate. Forgive me if I am wrong but earlier this year I was
looking at these sort of programs.

Naturally Speaking has not undergone any development for over 2 years
and is now half price in Amazon. When I also discovered that voice
recognition is vastly improved in Windows 7 I leapt to the conclusion
that Microsoft have bought Dragonsoft and incorporated their product
into Windows. I may be wrong but this sort of thing has happened often
- Roxio cd burner, Visio CAD and Winternals to name the obvious ones.

Against my better nature I bought a copy of Win7 to see for myself and
found nothing as good as this in Linux.

--
Best Wishes

Maurice