No accessibility In Lucid Netbook Edition!

Dave Hunt dave.hunt2 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 23 20:37:26 BST 2010

Since I cannot get an accessible startup from the bootable Lucid usb key I made, I deceaided
to have my partner do the install.  When it finished, he restarted the machine and logged in.  He started orca
from the run dialogue, and went through talking setup.  He chose to log out at the end.  It is now
impossible to log into  this machine.  When typing the correct username and password, the dialogue just
comes back.  When typing the wrong pair, we get "authentication failure", as we should do.

Besides putting Windows or another distro on this netbook, How can I make it usable again?