April 13, 2010 Meeting Logs

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Wed Apr 14 16:51:21 BST 2010

Bill Cox, le Wed 14 Apr 2010 07:55:02 -0400, a écrit :
> I'll throw in two more wishes for the next release.  First, can we
> bind starting Orca to Control+Alt+o,

Control-alt-o may not be the best choice. Sure, it makes sense for
"O"rca, but what if a distro wants to ship another screen reader ?
Ideally the shortcut shouldn't depend on a particular project name,
but rather on the kind of effect you want: if you want speech, e.g.
ctrl-alt-s. I've been thinking about trying to standardize shortcuts, so
that you wouldn't even have to know whether the public box is windows,
linux, darwin, or their respective installers, etc.

Samuel