Interesting Lucid regression

Nolan Darilek nolan at
Tue Apr 13 22:11:37 BST 2010

Cool, glad that it isn't just me, or something botched in the upgrade.
Orca started speaking another language halfway through and I thought
that Ctulhu had me for sure.

Speaking of oddness, this happens only on my desktop as well. For the
first few seconds after logging into my desktop, my audio is horribly
crackly. It sounds like an old arcade game or something, 8-bit and poor
quality. It clears up fairly quickly, usually within a minute or two,
but it's odd nonetheless.

I do have a bluetooth headset which I occasionally use, and when testing
speech-dispatcher I received errors about not being able to initialize
that, so I wonder if this may be the cause? I've since deleted the
pairing but have yet to reboot to see if that fixed it. In any case, I
thought that I'd mention it in case anyone else may have noticed it.