Booting Asus EEEPC 111 HA from USB

Dave Hunt dave.hunt2 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 13 21:45:21 BST 2010

Hello List!

I have tyhe netbook able to boot from the usb, now.  When I use a flash
drive with the standard Karmic, I can boot, but am not able to do an
accessible login.  that is, the "enter, f5, 3, enter, enter" sequence,
does not give me an accessible login with Orca talking.  I can manually
launch Orca.  I'm taken through that setup.  When asked to login again,
I use "ubuntu", with no password.  The login never happens.  Once, the
login happened, but I could not get speech out of Orca.

In case it makes a difference, I used unetbootin to create the usb
volume from the '.iso' image.

Perhaps, I did something wrong in unetbootin?  I find that program for
Win almost inaccessible.  Is there a beter utility?  Is there a better
Linux image I should use?

Thanks,

Dave