Problem with accessible login in Karmic

Hammer Attila hammera at pickup.hu
Tue Sep 29 12:49:30 BST 2009

Halim, I not try my method in Debian Sid, because in sid now gdm version
is 2.20.x version.

You wroted:
"Using gnome-speech is a temporary hack because it will be removed in
gnome 3.0."
Yes, I known, this is a temporary method, you are true.

"You can try to modify the orca start command and add a -n to avoid the
copy of ~/.orca folder."
This is not full clean. I think I not understand what you would like. In
/usr/share/gdm/autostart/Loginwindow/orca-screen-reader.desktop file
present following lines:
[Desktop Entry]
Name=Orca Screen Reader
Comment=Present on-screen information as speech or braille
TryExec=orca
Exec=orca --no-setup --disable main-window --disable magnifier --enable
speech
Icon=orca
Terminal=false
Type=Application
StartupNotify=true
Categories=GNOME;GTK;Accessibility;
AutostartCondition=GNOME
/desktop/gnome/applications/at/screen_reader_enabled
X-GNOME-Provides=screen-reader
X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Bugzilla=GNOME
X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Product=orca
X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Component=general