How's Karmic these days?

Dave Hunt dave.hunt2 at verizon.net
Thu Oct 22 05:00:32 BST 2009

Does Speech Dispatcher crash in Karmic when a synthesizer other than
Espeak is used?  I run Jaunty and find that Espeak will often stop
talking when I use Speech Dispatcher.  With Flite, these crashes are
rare.  If I use Gnome-speech with Espeak, Espeak will often interrupt
itself but not crash, per-se.  May I suggest that either Gnome-speech
be included or that Flite be the default voice until the troubles with
Espeak and Karmic are addressed?

Best,

Dave