Issues with installing Ubuntu 9.04 under VMWare Workstation

Chris Meredith tallin32 at comcast.net
Sun May 31 21:45:16 BST 2009

Greetings.

As the subject line suggests, I'm attempting to install Ubuntu under VMWare
on Windows 7.  Having availed myself of the Easy Install option, I appear to
have the OS installed, but not only does Orca not come up talking, but I
appear to be at a console "username" prompt-at least from what I can get by
running a screenshot of the VM through OCR.  Does Easy Install not install
all of the components?  Should I be installing manually?  Should I use a
distro other than that from the Ubuntu site?