Server Installations

Ian Pascoe softy.lofty.ilp at btinternet.com
Tue Mar 31 19:23:33 BST 2009

Hi Luke

I'm in the process of getting ready to set up my own hone file server.

I know that the Live CD for the server does not come with any TTS packages,
but once it's installed are there any packages in any of the Ubuntu repos
that I can install to give me TTS on the Console?  I have a vague
recollection that this question was asked before, and it was suggested to do
a desktop installation and then apt-get the rquired packages, my problem is
that the server is an old machine with about 256 Mb of RAM which I don't
think will easily support a Gnome Desktop.

Any pointers / suggestions appreciated.

Ian