a question about changing permissions

mike kb8aey at verizon.net
Sat Mar 21 05:21:25 GMT 2009

Hi, I tried to change the permissions on my home folder in 9.04 thinking that was the problem with not being able to save Orca settings. But I wasn't able to change them, even when logged in as root. I have never tried to change permissions on my home folder before. Anyone have any ideas. I checked a live CD and found one setting on the home folder that was different. So this may be the reason we can't save settings in the account created when doing a install using Orca.
Mike.