Sound playing not working with Jaunty Alpha5?

Hammer Attila hammera at pickup.hu
Mon Mar 2 13:42:44 GMT 2009

Dear List!

I see an interesting problem only with Jaunty Alpha5, and I don't known
how solve the following problem before I install Jaunty 64 bit my
desktop computer:
When I booting Jaunty Alpha5 live cd and using Orca screen reader and
try play any music, video etc, the media player is start, but not play
nothing. The required codecs are installed.
When Orca is not running, the media player works correct.
Interesting, but my notebook I using Jaunty since alpha3, and I not see
this problems.
I using gnome-speech driver and Espeak, and try this problem with 32 bit
and 64 bit live cd's (I not looked latest dayly live cd).
Anybody gnome-speech user confirm this problem?

Luke, have any ydea?

Attila