Thunderbird Problem Solved

Peter Torpey ptorpey at rochester.rr.com
Sat Jun 6 19:58:54 BST 2009

I reported not being able to get into the message of a message by
hitting enter or F6.

I was going to try and change from HTML view to text view as suggested,
but then I restarted Ubuntu.

After restarting Ubuntu and loggin in agin, all seems to work this time.

Thus, maybe this was a startup problem with the first install of tb. My
first tests were after setting up and configuring tb, but I had never
rebooted.

Thanks everyone for their help.

Everything is working nicely now. The only thing that I think is missing
is the ability to use first-letter navigation in the tree view of
folders. Currently one has to arrow down through the list to find the
folder one wants to access.

--Pete