Orca Flat Review Mode

Lorenzo Taylor daxlinux at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 05:20:20 BST 2009

The actual behavior of flat review appears to differ somewhat from the docs.
First off, pressing any keypad key will move the flat review focus, no matter
what you do with the keypad dash key. Secondly, the keypad dash key appears to
only sync the flat review to the actual focus. So as I am writing this I can
move to a different line, word or character within my message or onto the menu
bar at the top of the window just by pressing the flat review keys on the
keypad. Whenever I want to come back to the cursor, I simply press the keypad
dash and it syncs back with the cursor and I can start the process over.
Otherwise, I also have the option to left or right click on the place where my
flat review focus is using the keypad star and slash keys. Maybe a bug should be
filed against the documentation to explain this more clearly or a feature
request should be filed to better tailor the flat review to your liking, but the
behavior you describe has been the norm since I started using Orca on a regular
basis about 4 years ago. Feel free to file such a bug or feature request if you
still have trouble with this or any other aspect of Orca or its functionality.
Instructions for doing this can be found at
http://live.gnome.org/Orca

HTH and good luck,
Lorenzo
--