Lobbying for Orca?

Bill Cox waywardgeek at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 16:15:54 BST 2009

There is a scary article on Slashdot.org this morning about
speculation that Oracle will end support for OpenSolaris:

http://developers.slashdot.org/story/09/07/13/1847254/Mass-Speculation-Suggests-Oracle-May-Kill-OpenSolaris?art_pos=16

If there is any truth to this, is there anything we Orca users can do
to lobby Oracle for continuing support for Orca, whether based on
OpenSolaris, or Oracle's brand of Linux?  The kind of think I'm
thinking of might be finding employees we know at Oracle through our
linkedin network, and trying to insure Orca has high visibility
withing Oracle.

Bill