Installing latest at-spi

Storm Dragon stormdragon2976 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 15:51:10 BST 2009

Hi,
I have tried to install the latest versions of atk and at-spi.  Atk
installed correctly, but I get errors when trying to install at-spi.
Here's what I did, from the instructions on the Orca wiki:
http://live.gnome.org/Orca/DownloadInstall
./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/usr/lib/at-spi
Returns several errors/warnings.  Here's the output from that command.
This is on Ubuntu Jaunty 64 bit:
checking for autoconf >= 2.53...
  testing autoconf2.50... not found.
  testing autoconf... found 2.63
checking for automake >= 1.9...
  testing automake-1.10... found 1.10.2
checking for libtool >= 1.5...
  testing libtoolize... found 2.2.6
checking for glib-gettext >= 2.2.0...
  testing glib-gettextize... found 2.20.1
checking for intltool >= 0.30...
  testing intltoolize... found 0.40.6
checking for pkg-config >= 0.14.0...
  testing pkg-config... found 0.22
checking for gtk-doc >= 1.0...
  testing gtkdocize... found 1.11
Checking for required M4 macros...
Checking for forbidden M4 macros...
Processing ./configure.in
Running libtoolize...
libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in `.'.
libtoolize: copying file `./ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: Consider adding `AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([m4])' to configure.in
libtoolize: rerunning libtoolize, to keep the correct libtool macros in
libtoolize: Consider adding `-I m4' to ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in Makefile.am.
Running glib-gettextize... Ignore non-fatal messages.
Copying file mkinstalldirs
Copying file po/Makefile.in.in

Please add the files
  codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4
  progtest.m4
from the /aclocal directory to your autoconf macro directory
or directly to your aclocal.m4 file.
You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.

Running intltoolize...
Running gtkdocize...
Running aclocal-1.10...
configure.in:50: warning: macro `AM_GCONF_SOURCE_2' not found in librar
Running autoconf...
Running autoheader...
autoheader: WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `confi
autoheader: WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `confi
autoheader: WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
autoheader: WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows one to define a templa
autoheader: WARNING: `acconfig.h':
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_FUNC_MAIN], 1,
autoheader: 		[Define if a function `main' is needed.])
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced,
autoheader: WARNING: documentation.
Running automake-1.10...
atk-bridge/Makefile.am:23: libbonobo-2: non-POSIX variable name
atk-bridge/Makefile.am:23: liboaf-2: non-POSIX variable name
atk-bridge/Makefile.am:23: libORBit-2: non-POSIX variable name
atk-bridge/Makefile.am:23: libat-spi: non-POSIX variable name
docs/reference/idl/Makefile.am:18: <D: non-POSIX variable name
docs/reference/idl/Makefile.am:26: <D: non-POSIX variable name
Makefile.am:13: GCONF_SCHEMAS_INSTALL does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL

Check out the Storm Dragon blog:
                       http://www.stormdragon.us/