Question on Using Orca

Peter Torpey ptorpey at rochester.rr.com
Tue Jan 20 21:13:28 GMT 2009

I loaded up Ubuntu with Orca recently.  Since I'm still getting used to
understanding the Orca speech synthesizer (I'm a JAWS/Eloquence user), I've
been trying to read as much of the on-line documentation on how to use Orca
as possible before I run Ubuntu (or Vinux) much more.

I've seen references to using Orca with the "flat screen" mode, but I
haven't been able to figure out which keystrokes get into and out of this
mode.  I assume that this mode is similar to navigating around the screen
using the JAWS cursor so that one can review what is on the screen without
the navigation keys affecting what happens.

Anyway, is there such a screen review mode with Orca?  If so, how does one
pop in and out of this mode?

Thanks.

n  Pete