the 9.04 live cd

mike kb8aey at verizon.net
Fri Jan 16 16:41:02 GMT 2009

Hi, I got someone who was sighted to look at my screen yesterday and was told the 9.04 CD was logged in.
So apparently I was wrong when I thought the drum sound was asking for a username. The strange thing is if my monitor is off I get that sound. When the monitor is on I don't.
   Either way it appears sound is still broken in 9.04. But the person who looked at the menus said they come up much faster than they do in intrepid. So it looks like speed has been improved. It will be interesting to see how Orca works in this version.
Mike.