this software that can be installed in ubuntu may be of interest to some

mike kb8aey at verizon.net
Sun Jan 11 02:44:09 GMT 2009

Hi, I came across this today. It says it can make puppy linux axcessable, but the reason I think some people here may have interest is because It can be installed in ubuntu, so some people may find it useful.
http://foksyfeyer.wiak.org
   I tried the recorder, and it seems accessible, but I didn't get any sound when I pressed the play button. I only  had a few minutes, so I will try this later. Also, I used Orca and only used  foksy. Ifoksy starts yasr and speech-dispatcher. But I got a error with speech-dispatcher. However, foksy works fine with Orca.
Hope this is of use to someone. Mike.