the live cd kernel and dell

mike coulombe kb8aey at verizon.net
Fri Jan 2 15:02:29 GMT 2009

Hi, I found some info that may fix my problem with dell not booting ubuntu.
I found something that stated only the generic kernel works with older dells.
I remember the early versions of ubuntu did have something where you pressed f 1 and got a menu. As I remember there was a kernel that they recommended for older computers.
Since I can't see the menu I don't know which choice this would be. My question is, does anyone know if this menu is still in intrepid. If so, after pressing f 1, how many times do you press down arrow to get to that kernel.
Thanks Mike.