orca and popups

mike kb8aey at verizon.net
Sat Feb 28 19:03:06 GMT 2009

Hi, Orca use to read popups like telling you when a network was connected and when it was disconnected. But I notice in 9.04 it no longer reads this information. Does anyone know if this is going to be corrected?
By the way, for anyone interested who hasn't looked at this distro. Ubuntu 9.04 is the fastest Ubuntu I have ever used. Orca is very responsive now with little or no delay when you move around the menus. Also the problem where at times when you bring up the menus Orca didn't read seems to have been corrected. Moving around in firefox also seems to have been much improved. I do still have problems with update manager crashing, but I just use aptitude to get around this. The USB creator and other adman apps still do not work from the user account, but enabling the root account for these tasks is one way to get around this. The other thing I noticed is that scripts don't run from the user account. I tried this several times and couldn't get any script to run. But they run fine from the root account. From what I have seen so far, 9.04 is going to be a great distro.
Mike.