Microsoft Speech Recognition / COM interfaces

Tom Lloyd thomaslloyd at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 17 14:12:43 GMT 2009

Is there any millage in using the Microsoft speech recognition engine. I have no experience of using it but I can create the bridge from wine to linux. I havealready created the Text to speech element that now works in linux using Orca and speech dispatcher. It works quite nicely and i have had the speech recognition working but not trained it etc or really tried it for performance.

Possibly if there is a com method for interfacing into Dragon Naturally Speaking like SAPI then it will work as well. This method can work I am mid writing this up at the moment and doing the first release of the project so if people are interested you have to bear with me..

Tom