a question about the live cd

Jacob Schmude j.schmude at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 12:36:11 GMT 2009

Hi Mike
I'm not even sure it's asking for username/password, because as soon as I hear the login sound on these new live cd builds my keyboard locks and X won't take any input from it. I noticed this started with the Live CD builds from 12/22, the 12/21 build worked just fine at least for amd64.
For now, I get lucid installed by installing Karmic and doing an upgrade. It's a bit of a pain since the Karmic live cd's speech-dispatcher crashes a lot, and the upgrade itself involves a few steps because of different packages and a conflict, but it can be done and you will get lucid installed that way eventually.