Fix to get speakup working in Lucid

Bill Cox waywardgeek at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 19:43:51 GMT 2009

I've patched a minor bug that causes speakup not to install properly
on Ubuntu Lucid alpha.  I've filed a bug report with the needed patch.
 Does it help to also post here, to let Luke know about it?  If not, I
wont do so in the future.  The bug is:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/speakup/+bug/498288

If we can get this fix included soon, guys like Mike can get involved
and help us make Ubuntu Lucid the most accessible release ever.

By the way, thanks Luke, for the libao patch!  Lucid does seem on
track for being a great accessible distro out-of-the-box.

Thanks,
Bill