MP3 Streams no longer play now that I've upgraded to Karmic

Dave Hunt dave.hunt2 at verizon.net
Sat Dec 12 03:21:52 GMT 2009

Hi,

I did a net upgrade of a Jaunty system to Karmic.  In the Jaunty, I had
removed all things pulse audio and had all desired sounds in Alsa.
Since upgrading to  Karmic, playing a stream in Totem movie player no
longer works.  There is a status line that says "playhing".  Do I need
to set up Pulseaudio to have this functionality again?  By The Way,
embedded flash sounds on web pages do play, as do the sound events in
Pidgin.

Thanks,

Dave