espeakup in Jaunty

Storm Dragon stormdragon2976 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 13:00:25 BST 2009

Hi,
I have installed speakup, and everything went as expected until I tried
to compile espeakup.  I kept getting errors about functions being
implicitly defined.  Does anyone know what changed to cause this to
happen, and beter yet, how to fix it?
Also, in Orca, the espeak setting for the fast speech no longer works.
In Intrepid, it was possible to install the latest espeak package and
then add fast_test 2 40 40 to get speech rates a lot faster.  I think
this may be a gnome-speech bug because a friend of mine who uses Arch
Linux has the same problem.  I sent a message to the Orca list about it,
but was told it isn't an Orca bug, and espeak with the command line will
speak as fast as expected.
I plan on using any info I get to update my blog, so if you have the
solution, please send me the info you would like posted as credits.
Thanks
Storm
Check out the Storm Dragon blog:
                       http://www.stormdragon.us/