question about uppgrading to ubuntu 9.04

Tony Bernedal tony at bernedal.net
Wed Apr 8 17:58:00 BST 2009

Hi all.
In a few weeks we have ubuntu 9.04 available.
I run now 8.10 and it works well.
How should I upgrade to 9.04 the safe way?
Is it a good way to do a release upgrade or is it better to make a new
clean install of the system and keepeing the home folder as it is.
I asking this because I had lot of problem upgradeing from 8.04 to
8.10. A lot of packages couldn't be upgraded because I manualy
upgraded them from source. I have done so this time too with atk,
ap-spi and orca. I also got a lot of problems with orca after the
upgrade so it ended with a new clean install of 8.10.
So, what is best to do to avoid problems?
I can install from a new clean cd instead of upgradeing but do a
release upgrade save some time.
All the best
Tony