here are three things I found after installing ubuntu that need looking in to

Hammer Attila hammera at pickup.hu
Wed Apr 1 06:47:20 BST 2009

Dear List!

I have some ydeas, I hope helps:
Mike, what happen if you put the .pulse_a11y_nostart file in the
/etc/skel directory and after this you create another user account?
When you create another user account, all files and directoryes copyed
in the /etc/skel directory to the new user home directory.
Luke, possible doing my following suggestions (I tryed and works)?
1. If the accessibility mode selected with any option with the live cd
boot, please copy the entire /home/ubuntu/.gconf directory to /etc/skel
directory.
If you doing this method and the admin user create new user account, the
new user gets an accessible profile and Orca starts automaticaly when
the new user was logged in. I use this method for the BeLin release
(similar distribution with Vinux) and works fine.
2. If this method is possible doing, copy the .pulse_a11y_nostart file
with the /etc/skel directory.
3. If possible but not critical need, please add following commands with
shortcut (now default no have shortcut key this commands):
Launch terminal: Ctrl+Alt+t
Open home directory: Ctrl+Shift+h
Launch Webbrowser: Ctrl+Alt+w
Launch e-mail client: Ctrl+Alt+m
Launch Orca Screen Reader: Ctrl+Alt+O

If need, I sending the need of gconf keys.

I hope this modifications is not a security risk, but producing better
integration result.
If doing this modifications with 1 and 2 suggestions, the new created
user not need doing accessibility configuring tasks with no speech:
gconftool-2 -s -t bool /desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility true
gconftool-2 -s -t bool /desktop/gnome/at/visual/startup true
gconftool-2 -s -t bool /apps/gksu/disable-grab true
creating a .pulse_a11y_nostart file.

Thougs?

Attila