Making the CD boot menu more accessible

Labrador labrad0r at edpnet.be
Wed Sep 17 15:40:43 BST 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 12:16:44PM +0200, Christian wrote:
> Yes, that would be a very nice thing to have. But some kind of notification that the CD has finished booting at least would be apreciated.
> All the best,
> Christian

Hi,

as I said in a previous mail I posted privately:
do fix first and brainstorm later!
I mean:
its 3 times I install an Ubuntu, and three time I got the same problems:
- braille=ask in grub's menu.lst to remove
- /etc/brltty.conf to re-edit and remove the nonsense params who are dropped
there
- or activating braille to have it at boot time

This is a problem I personally will see fixed before making plans around any
other kind of ideas.

I had never got such problems with Debian's Etch installer, nor Blindia (a
little alternate Sarge installer).

Please fix problems first, I'm tired to see permanently having problems
since Feisty, Gutsy then now Hardy.
I'm also tired to need a sighted person each time I have to install Ubuntu.

L.