I'm having problems with orca crashing when running admin apps

mike kb8aey at verizon.net
Mon Sep 1 05:48:03 BST 2008

Hi, I can run most of the admin apps in the root account. But for some reason Orca seems to crash quite often after I have had one opened for a short time.
For example, the login window app seems to crash Orca as does the package manager. Is this a known problem?
   One other thing. Why is it that the update manager gives a progress report when used in the root account, but in my account I get no progress report when it is downloading? The same is true when using add remove programs. The progress report is very handy, so I hope this can be corrected. If not, how about a beep instead.
   Mike.